Differential Potential – Gameweek 7

Three out of five isn’t bad. Out of last week’s differentials, 60% of them returned 14 or more points in the Togga FPL scoring format. The other 40%…it doesn’t matter about them.

Here’s a few to watch for Gameweek seven.

Junior Stanislas

One of the fantasy darlings is back! Last week’s capitulation at Burnley held one positive for Bournemouth and that is the return of one of their star men in Junior Stanislas.

Previous owner of the winger will have fond memories of his points production, all before the inevitable injury curse strikes. You have to feel that we’re if not for Stanislas’ horrible injury record, he’d be sniffing around the England squad by now. He’s got it all and is a potential fantasy diamond.

His cameo last week yielded six points, followed by a midweek start in which he scored and was named Man of the match. Promising signs.

Ahead of a favourable matchup at home to Crystal Palace, his ownership is still only 23% with only the shrewdest managers having cottoned on to his latest return.

A gamble? Yes, but one worth using that spare roster spot for.

Anthony Martial

Considering he’s started one out of six Premier League games this season, this one is a long shot.

Anthony Martial was probably the only Manchester United player to escape unscathed from the midweek embarrassment. In fact, his display earned rave reviews and, following his first goal of the season in the Champions League last week, many United fans are once again calling for Martial’s inclusion.

Alexis Sanchez’s poor form increases the chances of that but it’d be harsh on Martial to miss out once more. Not that his manager is ever harsh. At all…

Sean Morrison

Despite Cardiff’s dubious start to the season, Sean Morrison has had a great start. In fact, FPL wise the Bluebirds skipper is proving to be a very good asset.

Two assists have certainly helped his cause but the sheer number of clearances and aerials won have shot Morrison up to 9th in the defender’s scoring charts.

This week’s matchup against Burnley is an ideal opportunity for Morrison to fill up his defensive stats sheet once more, with the added bonus of a possible clean sheet.

He shouldn’t only be 77% owned but he is. If he’s free in your league he’s well worth an add this week.

Erik Lamela

Erik Lamela will be incredibly unlucky if he doesn’t start on Saturday after three goal in successive games.

Christian Eriksen’s confirmed absence frees up another attacking spot on Lamela’s form should put him in pole position for a well deserved start.

A trip to Huddersfield provides a very good matchup for Lamela to make his mark and stake his claim for a regular position.


This one is a little left field but could be a sneaky little pick. Solomon Rondon’s confirmed absence all but guarantees Joselu’s return to the Newcastle side, a side in which he’s started three times and already netted twice.

Joselu has his critics: rightly so as he’s not a great footballer. However, spearheading a Newcastle attack against a Leicester defence that has kept only one clean sheet and shipped 10 goals already this season provides the Spaniard with an excellent opportunity to stake his claim for a regular starting position.

His ownership of 35% is no surprise. I’ll be even less surprised if he nets on Saturday.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s